Information about our website
Hemangeol.com is owned by Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc. You can access Hemangeol.com without disclosing your personal data. Our website does not enable our visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others. Our website may include links to other companies’ websites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on those sites. This website does not publish content that is targeted to children.
Collection of information
With the exception of information gathered for the technical administration of the website, we do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals. On Hemangeol.com, we do not collect personally-identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This means we do not require you to register or provide information to us on our site in order to view any our site. This website does not use session or persistent cookies.
We do not give visitors to our website the option of using a secure transmission method
to access the content.
Visitors who wish to contact us concerning our privacy policies may do so at the following address:
Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
8 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
What is HEMANGEOL (propranolol hydrochloride oral solution)?
HEMANGEOL is a prescription medicine used to treat proliferating infantile hemangioma that requires treatment with a medicine that spreads throughout the body.
Important Safety Information for HEMANGEOL
Do not give HEMANGEOL to your child if your child:
- was born prematurely and has not reached the corrected age of 5 weeks
- weighs less than 4 ½ pounds
- is allergic to propranolol or any of the other ingredients in HEMANGEOL
- has asthma or a history of breathing problems
- has a heart problem, slow heart rate (less than 80 heart beats per minute), very low blood pressure
- is at risk for low blood sugar, for example is vomiting or unable to take feedings
- has high blood pressure caused by a tumor on the adrenal gland, called “pheochromocytoma”
Tell the doctor about all medicines your child is taking, or all the medicines you are taking if you are breastfeeding.
Other serious side effects can include:
HEMANGEOL can cause serious side effects, including:
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), especially if your child is not taking feedings, or is vomiting. HEMANGEOL may make it more diifcult to recognize the signs and symptoms of low blood sugar in your child. To help reduce the risk of low blood sugar with HEMANGEOL, give HEMANGEOL during or shortly after feeding your child. Feed your child regulary during treatment. Tell your doctor if your child has a poor appetite. If your child is not taking feedings, due to an illness or vomiting, do not give HEMANGEOL until your child is taking feedings normally again.
If your child has any of the signs or symptoms of low blood sugar listed below during treatment with HEMANGEOL, stop giving your child HEMANGEOL and call your doctor or go to the nearest emergency room right away.
Signs or symptoms of low blood sugar include: pale, blue or purple skin color, sweating, irritability, crying for no apparent reason, irregular or fast heartbeat, poor feeding, low body temperature, unusual sleepiness, seizures, breathing stops for short periods of time, and loss of consciousness
Call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency room if your child has:
- New or worsening slow heart rate (bradycardia) or low blood pressure (hypotension).
- Breathing problems or wheezing.
- Stroke. HEMANGEOL may increase the risk of stroke in certain children who have severe problems with the blood vessels in their brain, particularly if your child has a large hemangioma that affects the face or head.
- pale skin color, slow or uneven heartbeats, arms or legs feel cold, blue or purple skin color, or fainting.
- breathing problems or wheezing during treatment with HEMANGEOL.
The most common side effects include: sleep problems, worsening respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, and vomiting.
These are not all the possible side effects of HEMANGEOL. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please see Full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide.